Brandon

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Ohioans Can "Do Better" Than Senator Voinovich

George Voinvoich, Republican Senator from Ohio announced today that he will vote to send the nomination of John Bolton to be our ambassador to the United Nations to the floor of the Senate, but he will vote against the nominee.

Saying: “I have come to the determination that the United States can do better than John Bolton," Senator Voinovich plays directly into the hands of Democrats who offer nothing but bitter opposition to anything and everything that President Bush proposes.

Is it better to allow this poisoned partisan atmosphere to continue unchecked Senator?

I'm sorry to say that as a White House Political Aide in the 80's I invited then Cleveland Mayor George Voinovich to join President Reagan at an event held in my hometown of Bowling Green, Ohio.

Had I any clue that he would turn on the voters of Ohio who support conservative presidents and their nominees I never would have done so.

The emcee for that event was Jamie Farr, or Corporal Klinger of MASH fame. Klinger in drag would make a much better Senator than Voinovich and would certainly be more stylish than Barabara Boxer.

I urge my friends in Ohio to seek a viable conservative alternative to Senator Voinovich. Ohio can do better than Senator Voinovich.

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator