- First, the arrests of the terrorist plotters in Toronto, linked to more arrests around the globe.
- Next, on Monday, Peruvians rejected the neo-Marxism of Hugo Chavez and elected the anti-Chavez candidate Garcia as President.
- Then on Tuesday, Despite an all out effort by Democrats, Republicans in San Diego pulled off a solid win in the Special Election for the Congressional seat vacated by Duke Cunnigham.
- Wednesday saw the Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations insult middle America (transcript). But the insult was swiftly answered by our man at the U.N. Ambassador John Bolton. Two days later, Bolton was speaking at the Centre for Policy Studies in London, demanding an apology (If you are a Bolton fan, you will want to read this story)
- Thursday of course was the big day, HAPPY DEAD ZARQAWI DAY!
- Friday finds us still celebrating... but also taking a moment to remember our troops.
- Saturday, STILL celebrating.
A solid week of victory is a reminder of the leadership and sacrifice that made it possible. None of it would have happened without the leadership of President Bush or the bravery, sacrifice and dedication of our troops and law enforcement.
Victory is a great thing. Certainly better than the alternative. But it cannot occur without leadership, dedication and sacrifice.
Keep that in mind next time the going gets tough!
One more video... This one suitable for small children and Sunday School teachers... But not liberal weanies: