Brandon

Monday, January 15, 2007

Urine Test to Work... Urine Test to Collect Public Benefits?

This came waffling over the transom from afar:

Don't help people sit on their butts
Public Forum Section
The News Review, Douglas County Oregon
December 1, 2006

I have a question, not only for Douglas County, but for the entire state of Oregon. Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me, I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit. In order for me to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, which I have no problem with.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to go earn it for them?

Please understand, I have nothing against helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt. Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Leonard Wilson

Riddle

Leonard: Good idea. But I'd like to expand it and insist that Democrats in Congress, whether they have children or not (We're STILL waiting for Barbara Boxer to apologize to Condi Rice about that)to take and PASS a drug test. They're voting on what truly are life and death issues that affect all Americans and as near as we can tell most of them are either stoned, senile or in a coma.

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator