Thursday, May 23, 2013

We Know Who and Where They Are but Obama Refuses to Strike at Benghazi Terrorists

Did politics intervene again?

On September 14, 2012, standing before the coffins of four Americans who died in the attack in Benghazi, Obama told the families:
To you -- their families and colleagues -- to all Americans, know this: Their sacrifice will never be forgotten. We will bring to justice those who took them from us.
Since then, nothing has been done. Just words, just speeches. Isn't that Obama in a nutshell?

Now we learn that we have known all along who carried out the attacks and we know, or have known, where they are but were blocked from getting them:
U.S. military sources serving in North Africa are challenging the latest White House claim that the administration is applying "all the resources" at its disposal to bring the Benghazi attackers to justice, charging instead that the Obama administration knows who is responsible but is not acting.

"They have let it slip by because of politics, and now we've taken all the correlation we had and dropped the ball because of risk (aversion) -- and now the security in Libya is more fragile than ever," one U.S. special operator told Fox News. The source, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirms that U.S. forces have tracked the alleged attackers since October but have since lost the trail of some of them, as no one up the chain of command would authorize them to capture or kill the targeted militia members.

Sources who have worked in and around Benghazi since last October spoke out after White House Press Secretary Jay Carney repeatedly said at a briefing more than a week ago that the administration was going after the suspects in the Sept. 11 terror attack. "From the beginning, the president has committed all the resources of this administration, of this government, to finding out who was responsible and to bringing them to justice," Carney said, as he faced a barrage of critical questions from the press on the heels of reports that challenged the administration's Benghazi narrative.
...
"We know exactly where the mastermind lives," one U.S. official said.

U.S. intelligence sources claim the "mastermind" and other suspects are on video that night at the U.S. compound, and that investigators have other evidence.
In a separate Associated Press report it is suggested that Obama refuses to act because there is not enough evidence to proceed with a criminal trial in the United States.

We're left with a curious Obama Administration policy which says it is OK to kill American citizens using drones but nothing can be done about known terrorists who have killed Americans without sufficient evidence for trial? Obama's policy only invites further attacks as terrorists see how weak we really are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come to Kauai vacations home rental as well as , rediscover
yourself in the lap of wildlife.

Also visit my weblog :: tanie wczasy

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator