Brandon

Monday, April 09, 2007

John Edwards Running off Poor Neighbor

John Edwards talks about two Americas, one of wealth and privilege, another not so fortunate.
And we couldn't find a better example than his own back yard.

By now, readers are well acquainted with the massive estate the Edwards family is building in rural North Carolina. What we didn't know, until now, is that Edwards is trying to rid the neighborhood of a nearby neighbor, a lifelong resident whose family has owned the property for generations.

Why? Because, according to cancer victim Elizabeth Edwards the man is a "rabid, rabid Republican." There's worse still: the man owns GUNS!

Neither John or Elizabeth have met their neighbor, Monty Johnson, nor do they have plans to do so. Mrs. Edwards sent so far as to say "I wouldn't be nice to him, anyway."

Elizabeth Edwards went on to call the neighbors property "slummy" who refuses to clean up his property in deference to the Edwards and their nearby estate. Johnson answers that he's spent alot of money over the years keeping the place up, but "I have to budget. I have to live within my means," Johnson said. "I don't have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Johnson adds ""I thought he was supposed to be for the poor people," Johnson said. "But does he ever socialize with any poor people? He doesn't speak to me."

Johnson is now being forced by high property taxes, no doubt increased by the nearby Edwards estate, to sell his property. And besides, Johnson says "I don't want to live somewhere where someone's always complaining about me."

John Edwards Two Americas: One of wealth and privilege and then there's the rest of us. Just do what you are told and don't get in their way.

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator