Brandon

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Remembering the Victims

As a participant in the 2,996 tribute to the innocent victims of the September 11th attacks, I remember Deborah Kaplan, who died in the World Trade Center that day at age 45.

Deborah left behind a husband, Harold, and four children. She worked as an engineer for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey which ran the World Trade Center complex.

A co-worker wrote fondly of "Debbie" in an online guestbook:

I am so happy I got to know Debbie and her family. Debbie never wavered in her beliefs, she was one of the most focused, strong woman I have ever met. Yet, she was without pretense and as honest as the day is long. I will always remember Debbie's beautiful blue eyes and her laugh as she questioned yet another project and figured out how to make them all work. Debbie took this last position at the World Trade Center because it better fit her family's changing schedule. All of her decisions were like that, based upon her family first. Our last conversation was about her taking this job so that she could still work part-time and be home for her children when they got home from school. Debbie, I dreamed of you last week that you were happy, and you looked beautiful. I have just recently come to terms with the fact that you are gone. I am finally able now, over a year later, to write my entry in your guest book.

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator