Brandon

Friday, January 11, 2008

The Miracle of Snow Comes to Baghdad

For lefties who thought peace would come to Iraq "when hell froze over" guess what happened?

Not for one hundred years has snow been seen in the Iraqi Capital!

Young girls play in the park in the first snow in Iraqi memory.


Today in Baghdad, there was no Green Zone, but one large white zone of joy.

Today it was snowball fights, not sectarian conflict. Today it was the miracle of snow, something never before seen by old and young alike.

Quotes from the AP report: "I asked my mother, who is 80, whether she'd ever seen snow in Iraq before, and her answer was no," said Fawzi Karim, a 40-year-old father of five who runs a small restaurant in Hawr Rajab, a village six miles southeast of Baghdad.
"This is so unusual, and I don't know whether or not it's a lesson from God," Karim said.

Talib Haider, a 19-year-old college student, said "a friend of mine called me at 8 a.m. to wake me up and tell me that the sky is raining snow."

"I rushed quickly to the balcony to see a very beautiful scene," he said. "I tried to film it with my cell phone camera. This scene has really brought me joy. I called my other friends and the morning turned to be a very happy one in my life."

First the surge succeeds, now a blanket of pure white snow brings joy and renewed hope and happiness to Iraqis.

And so much for global warming!

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator