Brandon

Thursday, February 07, 2008

MITT QUITS!

Mitt Romney has WON the nomination for the hearts and minds of conservatives!
At today's Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, D.C. Mitt Romney made it clear that it was more important in a time of war for Republicans to win in November than to permit Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama to become President and declare surrender and retreat in the War on Terror.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the crowd.
"This is not an easy decision for me," Romney continued. "I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters ... many of you right here in this room ... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming president. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, I feel I must now stand aside, for our party and for our country."


The nomination fight in the GOP is over.

John McCain has won the GOP nomination for President. But Mitt Romney has won the hearts and minds of conservatives. Doubts about the former Governor of one of the most liberal states were swept aside by those who heard him speak today at CPAC. The response to him by attendees was wildly enthusiastic and emotional. Romney has now donned the mantle of Reagan conservatism that was denied to him earlier in the race.

Mitt has Class!

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator