After Saturday's statement from Civil Rights Leader and Obama supporter Congressman John Lewis (DEMOCRAT-GA) that McCain and Palin were "playing with fire" and creating "the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights" I knew it would be just a matter of time before angry Democrats went beyond words and committed deeds right out of the liberal fascist playbook.
Two recent examples came my way:
- Vandal's destroyed signs and defaced the York County, SC GOP headquarters writing “Republican means slavery” on the door and also defacing posters. The County GOP Chairman, who is black, seemed unfazed but noted that this "show[s] the election is much closer than folks would have you believe.”
- Two men were arrested Saturday in Portland, Oregon after throwing a molotov cocktail at a McCain sign in Portland and starting a fire.
Things aren't as bad, YET, as they were in 2004 when GOP headquarters had shots fired into them, union thugs invaded GOP offices and swastikas were spray painted on campaign signs, but It's still early.
Now, I don't blame Congressman Lewis's statement on these recent activities, both of which took place before Lewis made his incendiary statement. But Lewis's statement was just the latest in an overt campaign of racial politics being waged by Barack Obama and his supporters.
While Obama has been criticizing McCain and Palin for their language, it's impossible to ignore the cumulative effect of this:
- In June, Obama plays the race card: "They're going to try to make you afraid of me. He's young and inexperienced and he's got a funny name. And did I mention he's black?"
- In August, DNC Chair Howard Dean plays his card: "If you look at folks of color, even women, they're more successful in the Democratic party than they are in the white, uh, excuse me, in the [laughs] Republican party."
- On the September 12th edition of "The View" Whoopi Goldberg asks McCain: Do I Have To Be Worried About Becoming a Slave Again?" if McCain appoints originalist justices to the Supreme Court.
- On September 17th Obama tells his supporters to "argue and get in their face" of people who do not support him.
- The same week Obama put out a Spanish language ad misquoting Rush Limbaugh as suggesting "Mexicans are stupid" and should "shut your mouth or get out."
- On September 24, impeached corrupt judge and Democrat Congressman Alcee Hastings said: “Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. "
- On October 9, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid implied that any connection between Obama and failed Fannie Mae CEO Franklin Raines was racist because "The only connection that people could bring up about Raines and Barack Obama is they both are African-American, other than that there is nothing."
- And let's not forget all the examples from "news" media figures who opine that racism is the only reason Obama could lose.
And Fidel Castro Too!
Racism as an excuse for a potential Obama defeat is also a view shared by another observer sympathetic to Obama's unspoken radical views. The ailing Fidel Castro said "profound racism" will stop millions from voting for Barack Obama.
It's clear that the racebaiters have been very, VERY busy. Their goal is to shut down any criticism of Barack Obama through these phony accusations of racism. The real racists here are the Democrats who promote these identity politics and thereby inspire their supporters to take steps which fly in the face of John Lewis's concern for "innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights."Thanks Tratfor for all the research on this subject.