And yes, they started the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance and a prayer!
Liberal astroturfers with their professionally made signs provided by Moveon.org and big money Democrat donors like George Soros!With only a handful of professional liberal protesters outside, the real story here were the hundreds of citizens, 95% senior citizens, who packed the auditorium at Hilton Head Island High School Saturday afternoon.
More were unable to get in as the room was filled beyond capacity. Yours truly gave up his place so that a senior citizen might take my standing room view.
I already knew that Congressman Wilson is voting against the Dem plan for a government takeover of health are. At the door, his staff supplied materials to all attendees with excerpts of his speeches on the subject and a copy of the organizational plan below which highlights what a monster this bill is:
full size image here.
Cong. Wilson also distributed a letter with his five top concerns about a government run health care plan. Here are the main points:
- Health care costs will go up not down under the Majority's [Dem] plan and will add to our nation's debt.
- Over 100 million Americans could lose their current coverage and be forced into a government-run plan.
- Raises $818 billion in taxes on individuals and small businesses.
- Would lead to 1.6 million jobs lost according to the National Federation of Independent Businesses.
- A government-run plan will lead to fewer choices for patients and physicians and a rationing of care.
It's clear by examining the two bills, that the GOP alternative achieves the goals of expanding access to health care while controlling costs and preserving Americans rights to choose the health care that is best for them.
What a shame that rather than consider GOP alternatives, Democrats and Obama have instead resorted to a vicious name calling campaign which demonizes opponents as being liars, "unAmerican" or "evil mongers."
But those who attended today's Town Hall meeting were not going to be fooled or intimidated by Democrat tactics or the rent a mob outside!
Americans are taking back their country one Town Hall meeting at a time!
P.S. I didn't bring a sign to today's meeting but did have this bumpber sticker plastered on my back:
Full size graphic here in case readers want to print it out and put in their car's rear window.