In the wake of the total failure of Obama's Middle East policy, I posed a number of questions that the media should be asking Obama. If a Republican were in office many of these and more would be shouted at every available opportunity.
While Obama has done a few interviews. Most of the questions have been softballs. This interview from August took that lack of seriousness to new heights:
Among the questions:
1. "If you had a super power, what would it be?"And if you think that August interview is too dated, what about Obama's radio interview on September 11, 2012 with DJ "Pimp with a Limp" done at the same time Americans were dying in Libya?
2. "What's your favorite song to work out to?"
3. "Is [the campaign bus] comfortable?"
4. "Do you actually get to use your blackberry?"
5. "Red or Green [Chiles]?"
6. "What's your favorite New Mexican food?"
7. "If we were to visit Chicago, what place would you recommend to get some really good soul food?"
8. "I know your real favorite song has got to be "Call Me Maybe." You can tell us. It's okay."
While the so-called "mainstream" news media pounds away on Mitt Romney for standing up and expressing outrage at what is happening in the Middle East, Obama continues to skate free from the kind of inspection a normal candidate might expect in a presidential election.