Brandon

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Update On Soldiers Blog Hack Attack

Anna at A Rose By Any Other Name writes with a good news update on the story of Grey Eagle, the 35 year old combat medic in Iraq whose blog was hacked by the "Bush lied" "truth" squad in an effort to curtail her free speech.

The positive response to this outrage has been a most welcome morale boost for Grey Eagle and her fellow soldiers. She writes:
I was more than amazed when I logged on this morning and saw the comments and my email. Thank you all so much. I cannot tell you how much it all meant to me, and I confess to having more than one tear in my eye after reading them all. I am so deeply moved by the response.

Just to explain, as it seems to be a big question. When I add a new soldier to the tributes script/program it prints to the website "you have been hacked....Bush lied..." no matter what I type. So while it does not seem to have affected what I previously did, I cannot add anymore soldiers to my tribute. I can delete, but not add. But there have been many offers to fix or rebuild the website, which I hope to accept their offers and never have this happen again.

Thank ALL of you for your support. I have shared many of your stories and comments with the soldiers here already. It made our day. When you read all the comments and all the email, I know as I sit here this moment I am proud to be an American and honored to serve each and very one of you.

Grey Eagle
"Air Assault!"

Grey Eagle: It is we who are honored by your service and you and your fellow soldiers must know that we are with you in heart and mind as you secure the victory that will make this world a better place with peace and justice. Thank you and be safe!

If you haven't visited the site and wish to add some encouragement of your own, please do so.

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator