Fireworks explode over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House during a pyrotechnic show to celebrate the New Year January 1, 2009. Known for its choreographed and themed fireworks displays, this year's show, nicknamed "The Creation Storm", draws hundreds of thousands of people to the harbour foreshore to watch the spectacle.
I suggested to the posse at Flopping Aces that we might want to write a joint post with all our reflections on 2008, predictions for 2009 and anything else that comes to mind.
Here's my list:
2008 - Best of Moments
1. When it became perfectly clear we had won the Iraq war (not a single moment really, but a definite happening)
2. The day Sarah Palin was selected as John McCain's running mate.
2008 - Worst of Moments
2. The night John McCain clinched the GOP nomination
Code Pink demands that Barack Obama be impeached for war crimes.
Personal New Years resolution?
To live up to last year's resolution.
Person(s) of the year
1. Sarah Palin: The entire political process was a bore before she came along.
2. Our victorious military in Iraq.
Joe the Plumber: He dared to speak truth to power and the fascists failed to take him down.
Losers of the year and why?
1. Harry Reid "The War is Lost"
2.Anyone who thinks global warming is due to man's activity and can be prevented.
3. John McCain: The candidate who was supposed to be able to get moderate and independent voters.
4. Senator Chris Dodd, Cong. Barney Frank and all the Dems who said there was no problem at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
5. Peace Fascists who will say or do anything to make us lose a war.
6. Rev. Wright and self loathing America haters.
Quirkiest, funniest or most notable post or video of the year:
1. Muslims hate cute puppies
2.The Easter Bunny hates you!