Brandon

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Obama Supporter Tries to Stiff Mike's America for Change

Ah, but like the Treasury Secretary who doesn't pay his taxes it was just an honest mistake!

True story:

I was at the checkout of a grocery store on Hilton Head Island this afternoon and handed the cashier cash for my groceries. She put it in the drawer and handed me my bag. Here's a rough transcript of what followed:
Mike's America: "Wasn't I supposed to get some change with that ($15.47)?"

Cashier: "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just so overwhelmed after yesterday."

Mike's America: "What was yesterday?" Thinking the store might have been crowded with people buying liquor with their welfare checks...

Cashier: "The Inauguration of course."

Mike's America: "Yep, they're still cleaning up the trash left behind. So much for a green inaugural."
It was then the smile left her face. I wish I had thought to remark: "Didn't Obama promise I'd get some change or do all I have is hope?" But you do what you can.

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator