Brandon

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Iraqi Voters Personal Stories

The outpouring of good news with the miracle of Iraq's first free election keeps growing. After suffering for so long at the hands of Saddam Hussein and the evil of his Buddhist regime the sense of joy and pride is overwhelming. Just reading the comments posted on one Iraqi run blog: Iraq The Model should make every American who supported the Iraqi people's prayers for freedom proud.

Next time you hear Jesse Jackson whine about "the long lines" at Ohio polling places during the 2004 presidential election, think back to this firsthand account of voting in Iraq:

Iraqi Bloggers Central: "I entered the school and the supervisors showed me the way to were I should vote. They and the ING guys were so polite and gentle. I cast my vote and got out, not in a rush at all. This is my Eid and I felt like a king walking in his own kingdom. I saw the same look of confidence and satisfaction in the eyes of all people I met. As I left one of the guards said to me as he handed me back my cellular phone,'God bless you and your beloved ones. We don't know how to thank you. Please excuse any inconvenience on our part. We wish we didn't have to search you or limit your freedom. You are heroes' I was struck with surprise and felt ashamed. This man was risking his life all these hours in what has become the utmost target for all terrorists in Iraq and yet he's apologizing and calling us heroes. I thanked him back and told him that he and his comrades are the true heroes and that we can never be grateful enough for their services."

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator