Brandon

Friday, April 01, 2005

Hold the Pickles, Hold the Lettuce, Special Orders DO Upset Us

OK... so much for the serious stuff... Found this nugget at daily read: Opinion Journal Best of the Web Today (and if you ever want to upset a moonbat liberal, tell them you read that just before watching Brit Hume on Fox News).

Towards the bottom of Thursday's Best of was this item entitled: 'You're Supposed to Be Here to Protect Me." A woman, apparently the product of public education (see post below) went to a Burger King and they gave her the wrong hamburger. She tried in vain to get the order corrected and then called 911 t0 request officer assistance.

A tape of that 911 call is here. The following are a few excerpts from the transcript which is contained in the Best of post:

Caller: OK, she gave me another hamburger. It's wrong. I said four times, I said, "I want it." She goes, "Can you go out and park in front?" I said, "No. I want my hamburger right." So then the lady came to the manager, or whoever she
is--she came up and she said, um, "Did you want your money back?" And I said, "No. I want my hamburger. My kids are hungry, and I have to jump on the toll
freeway [sic]." I said, "I am not leaving this spot," and I said I will call the police, because I want my Western Burger done right. Now is that so hard?
Dispatcher: OK, what exactly is it you want us to do for you?

Caller: Send an officer down here. I want them to make me the right--

Dispatcher: Ma'am, we're not going to go down there and enforce your Western Bacon Cheeseburger.
...
Dispatcher: Ma'am, then I suggest you get your money back and go somewhere else. This is not a criminal issue. We can't go out there and make them make you a cheeseburger the way you want it.

Caller: Well, that is, that--you're supposed to be here to protect me.

Dispatcher: Well, what are we protecting you from, a wrong cheeseburger?
I recommend the woman call Principal Richardson at McKay High in Salem Oregon and ask "what message this sends."

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator