Brandon

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Confirm Miers or Say Hello to Speaker Pelosi!





File this under "I should have known better."

This morning, I checked into my favorite site for news and information regarding the confirmation of President Bush's judicial nominees: Confirm Them. Com. After reading some of the comments, the site might consider renaming itself to "Confirm Only Nominees I Personally Agree With 100% or Throw Republicans to the Wolves!"

Read my comment here:

When the blessed day arrives that we have a CONSERVATIVE majority government, not simply a Republican majority, we will have the strength to confirm the certifiable conservatives that I know we would all prefer.

But to paraphrase Rush Limbaugh: "Who wants to go to war with the Senate Republicans as your army?"

TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY DISSED CONSERVATIVE FRIENDS: Your challenge is to channel the disappointment you feel into races for the US House and Senate in your individual states.

As I said at one of my posts at Mike's America, right wingers should stop being right whiners and get back to being RIGHT WINNERS!
You would have thought I had committed HERESY!

Read the following response, from one who styles him or herself as "California Originalist:"

...I find it ridiculous that you are proposing that we REWARD spineless Republicans for rubber stamping an underqualified nominee, or for letting Bush cave in to the Democrats. This will only encourage congressional Republicans to do more of the same after 2006. The point you are missing is that it's not just the NUMBER of Republicans in Congress that matters, but also their willingness to stick their necks out to fight for what they believe in. If they can do nothing and still get re-elected, why would they bother? I think many Republicans in Washington are getting fat and lazy after 12 years of congressional control (not counting the brief Jeffords interlude). They need a wake-up call.

I think losing one house of Congress would force them to stand up and fight for their principles.

I hope it doesn't have to come to that and they wake up before 2006!
Well at least C.O. added "I hope it doesn?t have to come to that."

I responded:

The problem with California CONSERVATIVES is a microcosm of the reason WHY we do NOT have a Conservative majority government. Too many of you are more interested in some vague notion of ideological purity and will allow your friends to go down to defeat by splitting the party before you will work together.

and in a further comment:

when California conservatives win a Senate seat, come and talk to me. Meanwhile, the divisions among California Conservatives have inflicted Barbara Boxer on the rest of us.

And now they want us to suffer through the reign of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, on the basis of "principle."

Sorry to my friends who disagree on the confirmation of Miers. But I would prefer we refocus on the substantial areas of AGREEMENT we have and advance together, rather than hang separately!

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator