Brandon

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Saving the Best for Last: Bush Encore Speech a HIT!

"We remember the words of the Christmas carol, written during the Civil War: 'God is not dead, nor [does] He sleep; the Wrong shall fail, the Right prevail, with peace on Earth, goodwill to men.' "

With that shining ribbon on top, President Bush wrapped up the encore to his VICTORY in Iraq speeches like a well dressed Christmas present.

Explaining as best he has to date, in direct, clear and concise words what we have achieved in Iraq and what we have yet to do; while admitting where we have gone wrong.

But lest his critics simply take that admission as validation of their own do-nothing strategy, Mr. Bush was even more direct:
White House transcript: Defeatism may have its partisan uses, but it is not justified by the facts. For every scene of destruction in Iraq, there are more scenes of rebuilding and hope. For every life lost, there are countless more lives reclaimed. And for every terrorist working to stop freedom in Iraq, there are many more Iraqis and Americans working to defeat them. My fellow citizens: Not only can we win the war in Iraq, we are winning the war in Iraq.
...
I also want to speak to those of you who did not support my decision to send troops to Iraq: I have heard your disagreement, and I know how deeply it is felt. Yet now there are only two options before our country -- victory or defeat. And the need for victory is larger than any president or political party, because the security of our people is in the balance. I don't expect you to support everything I do, but tonight I have a request: Do not give in to despair, and do not give up on this fight for freedom.
In perhaps a reference to all the Cindy Sheehan's but more importantly ALL the injured soldiers and families of fallen heroes:
Americans can expect some things of me, as well. My most solemn responsibility is to protect our nation, and that requires me to make some tough decisions. I see the consequences of those decisions when I meet wounded servicemen and women who cannot leave their hospital beds, but summon the strength to look me in the eye and say they would do it all over again. I see the consequences when I talk to parents who miss a child so much -- but tell me he loved being a soldier, he believed in his mission, and, Mr. President, finish the job.
Yes Mr. President FINISH THE JOB! And our prayers go with you and all those who sacrifice so much for our freedom.
And if you haven't already done so, head on over to Trucker Philosophy and join the chorus in a rocking rendition of "BUSH WAS RIGHT!"

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator