Brandon

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Abortion Suicide

Want to know why I am Pro-Life?
Artist hanged herself after aborting her twins
The Telegraph (U.K.)
February 24, 23008

An artist killed herself after aborting her twins when she was eight weeks pregnant, leaving a note saying: "I should never have had an abortion. I see now I would have been a good mum."

Emma Beck was found hanging at her home in Helston, Cornwall, on Feb 1 2007. She was declared dead early the following day - her 31st birthday.

Her suicide note read: "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it is too late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no-one else does."

The inquest at Truro City Hall heard that Miss Beck had split up with her boyfriend, referred to as "Ben" after he "reacted badly" to the pregnancy.
...
The inquest heard that Sylvia Beck, the victim's mother, wrote to the hospital after her daughter's death, saying: "I want to know why she was not given the opportunity to see a counsellor.

"She was only going ahead with the abortion because her boyfriend did not want the twins.

"I believe this is what led Emma to take her own life - she could not live with what she had done."
People like Emma's boyfriend "Ben" who think that unborn life is disposable or inconvenient apparently don't understand, or do not care, about the moral and spiritual cost involved.

What a sad tragedy. And it raises the question: how many women have been scarred forever by abortion?

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator