John David Lewis, asks a series of questions about the House approved version of health care "reform." He then analyzes the relevant sections and makes his conclusion. I'm posting his questions and yes or no answers but recommend you read his full analysis for the bill language and additional analsysis.
- Will the plan ration health care? - Yes.
- Will the plan punish Americans who try to opt out? - Yes.
- Will the plan destroy private health insurance? - Yes.
- Does the plan allow the government to set fees for services? - Yes.
- Will the plan increase the power of government officials to scrutinize our private affairs? - Yes.
- Does the plan automatically enroll Americans in the government plan? - Yes.
- Does the plan exempt federal officials from court review? - Yes.
If you are attending a Town Hall meeting with your congressman, you may wish to print out Prof. Lewis's analysis and read a section or two to your congressman. Since most of them haven't read the House bill it will be news to them.
Also, recall that Democrats rejected Republican amendments to the bill in Committee which would have barred illegal aliens from receiving benefits, bar abortion funding, protect senior care,reign in frivolous law suits or require members of congress to join the same plan.
Remember, Democrats are telling you that you don't have the facts. What a laugh!