We've talked a lot in the past week about Obama brazenly violating his pledge to conduct health care negotiations on C-Span where the entire country could watch as the process unfolded. It didn't happen.
But knowing how skillful our Obama loving friends are in the art of self deception, I doubt many of them cared. After all, they had to make quite a few excuses to themselves to get excited about such an inexperienced and unqualified candidate, all for the sake of some hokey feel good bandwagon of hope and change.
Obama promised to be a new kind of politician, and one who wouldn't tolerate, let alone take part in, the old Washington games that he railed against. His speech in Green Bay Wisconsin on September 22, 2008 was stuffed to the gills with the kind of new politics rhetoric that Obama used to hoodwink the gullible. It's worth a read in it's entirety while reflecting on how his young Administration has turned out to be the most partisan, divisive, lobbyist friendly big government loving Administration in modern history.
In one section of the speech, Obama trotted out a list of promises he made to the American people. The video of this portion of the text is only two minutes long. It should be viewed by everyone who voted for Obama:
- Close the revolving door for lobbyist working at the White House: PROMISE BROKEN.
- "I’ll make our government open and transparent." PROMISE BROKEN.
- "I will make it impossible for Congressmen or lobbyists to slip pork-barrel projects or corporate welfare into laws." PROMISE BROKEN.
- "No more secrecy." WHAT A LAUGH!
- Public will have five days to look at a bill online before I sign: PROMISE BROKEN.
- "When there are meetings between lobbyists and a government agency, we will put as many as possible online for every American to watch." HOW MANY HAVE YOU SEEN?
- "When there is a tax bill being debated in Congress, you will know the names of the corporations that would benefit and how much money they would get." NOT EVEN CLOSE.
- "We will put every corporate tax break and every pork-barrel project online for every American to see. You will know who asked for them and you can cast your vote accordingly." YEAH, RIGHT!