The Attorney General of the United States is the nation's top law enforcement officer. His job description does not include, and in many ways specifically forbids any overtly political action. But Obama's A.G. Holder mixes politics with a new low of imbecility not seen in the office.
Here's the latest:
As Mark Steyn points out:
At Ford Hood, Major Nidal Malik Hasan jumped on a table and gunned down his comrades while screaming, "Allahu Akbar," which is Arabic for "nothing to see here" and an early indicator of pre-Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. The Times Square bomber, we are assured by The Washington Post, CNN and Newsweek, was upset by foreclosure proceedings on his house. Mortgage-related issues. Nothing to do with months of training at a Taliban camp in Waziristan.
Interesting that Holder can't see the hand of "radical Islam" in attacks on American soil but jumped to the conclusion that the Arizona immigration law might lead to "racial profiling" without ever reading the bill. His opinion was based almost entirely on false news reports about the legislation. But that didn't stop Holder from repeatedly taking to the airwaves and fanning the flames of racial and ethnic tension over the issue which is the exact opposite of what we would expect from the nation's chief law enforcement officer.
Remember that this is the same Attorney General who insisted in a speech in February 2009 that "in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards." His advice then was that we need to "have frank conversations about the racial matters that continue to divide us." Yet he can't be honest with himself about the nature of radical Islam or honest about any racial/ethnic issues surrounding the Arizona law.
Let's review more of Holder's screw ups which have led to an increasingly charged and damaging political atmosphere in the Dept. of Justice:
- Holder forced DOJ officials to drop the case of voter intimidation by the Black Panthers in Philadelphia. The man videotaped in black paramilitary uniform holding a club was told that he can't do that again until at least 2012. Just in time for Obama's re-election. Imagine if this had been a member of the Ku Klux Klan trying to intimidate voters.
- Holder made it possible for ACORN to receive federal grant money after Congress had passed a ban on funding the group in the wake of the pimp and prostitute scandal.
- Holder continues to push for the trial of 9/11 plotter Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to be held in New York despite the firestorm of opposition from practically everyone.
- It was Holder who insisted that the Christmas bomber be mirandized and offered a lawyer before vital intell could be obtained.
- Holder was behind the DOJ decision to reopen an already completed investigation into CIA employees accused of "torture" while using enhanced interrogation techniques on less than a handful of Al Queda's worst terrorists.
- Holder, who as a private lawyer personally worked on behalf of attempted “dirty bomber” Jose Padilla, has staffed the DOJ with lawyers who previously represented Al Queda suspects and Guantanamo Bay inmates. They now have access to some of our most secret anti-terrorist information. He won't tell us who they are.
That list could go on and on but it makes the point that this man is not representing the interests of the American people as much as he is working to advance a radical political agenda.
During the Bush Administration Attorney's General were held to a very strict standard which has now completely disappeared. Don't the American people deserve better?