ObamaCare turned three years old this week. By now, we were repeatedly told that it would transform the way Americans get health care. Well, perhaps it has transformed health care...for the worse!
Millions of Americans are discovering that the health plans they are now required to buy cost much more than what they previously were able to afford. Employers are dropping health care insurance that doesn't meet the new higher requirements for coverage in favor of paying a small fine that leaves employees without coverage. Some employers are cutting back on full time workers to avoid the threshold requiring coverage which again leaves more workers without coverage. Because of the new law millions of Americans will lose their health care coverage. And that's just the beginning.
Dr. Milton R. Wolf, a radiologist, writes an op-ed in the Washington Times in which he chronicles the lies of ObamaCare:
- Obamacare Lie: “[N]o matter how we reform health care, we will keep this promise: If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.”
- Obamacare Lie: “If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
- Obamacare Lie: Obamacare will “cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.”
- Obamacare Lie: “I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital-gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”
- Obamacare Lie: Obamacare “will create 4 million jobs — 400,000 almost immediately.”
Let's remind ourselves of the promises Obama made about his health plan saving money for the average family:
Again and again and again Obama promised ObamaCare would lower premiums.
We've already seen how the cost of insurance of those who already have health insurance has risen by an average of 30% (1,2). Now, a new study by the Society of Actuaries, the professional association of insurance analysts, informs us that the news for those entering the insurance market is no better:
women in binders."
Now, back to Dr. Wolf:
Imagine a world where politicians were forced to tell the truth and forced to put their money where their mouths are. Don’t laugh. What if we simply included politicians’ promises about the laws they propose right into the laws themselves? These would serve as measurable conditions for the law’s survival. If the promises prove to be empty, the law would automatically expire.If ObamaCare or the politicians who lied about it were held accountable the politicians would be turned out of office and the law repealed. But we all know that accountability is something that only applies to Republicans. And as the sad facts of the law's broken promises continue to bite Americans there will only be calls from the same deceitful politicians calling for more, more and more of the same!