Opposition to the nomination appears to come mostly from a cabal of far right conservatives coming over from Confirm Them.Com and groups of lefties originating mostly in New York City, and Boston. Toss in a few no votes from useless Michael Moore screamers that were previously banned from commenting on this site and a couple of non-citizens expressing an opinion from overseas and a truer expression of the conservative base becomes clear. They all say the same thing: I SUPPORT THE MIERS NOMINATION.
Oh, and in case you are wondering how I know where the no votes come from, it's a variation of the technology which allows me to welcome readers, like you, from .
Here's a wrap up of all the Miers related info on these pages:
- Batter Up: The original Miers post on Monday, October 3rd. President Bush described her as a "Pit Bull in size six shoes." I also noted that Ann Coulter and other righties were likely to oppose the nomination. Mr. President: time to let the Pit Bull loose in the Senate!
- Minutes after that announcement,the Right Whiners started cranking up the complain machine. When I read the comments at Confirm Them, I thought I had logged onto Democrats Underground by mistake.
- I'd Rather Be a Right Winner!
was another warning to fellow conservatives that the goal is a restructured court, not a food fight with Democrats. Also, the goal of a conservative majority government only gets more distant if some conservatives behave like children who didn't get the toy they wanted on Christmas morning.
- In Harriet We Trust? The Bush Rope a Dope?
- Confirm Miers or Say Hello to House Speaker Pelosi! posted on October 9 had this highlight from another exchange at Confirm Them where the respondent said: "I think losing one house of Congress would force them [Republicans] to stand up and fight for their principles."
- On October 9: Miers Another Clarence Thomas? includes an excerpt of an article by Ken Masugi, who worked with Clarence Thomas at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Miers Another Thomas II, has the link to the Hedgehog report describing Thomases pre-Scotus legal career.
- Conservative Spat Damaging 2006 Election Prospects was posted on October 23. Another example of the "take my marbles and go home" conservatives at Confirm Them: "I dont care how weakened [the President] & GOP look from here on out! As far as Im concerned the Miers nomination should be trashed and to hell with the rest of Bushs agenda."
- Finally, the October 22 analysis of Miers qualifications and conservative opposition and possible political fallout.Charge Up the Freon and Keep on Chillin. Read this post if you read no other post on this page. Make sure to take the "Name that Nominee" quiz while you are there.