"I Don't Regret Setting Bombs ... I Feel We Didn't Do Enough." William Ayers, September 11th, 2001 as quoted in the New York Times while Ground Zero and the Pentagon were under attack
I was shocked to learn this week that there are educated, intelligent professionals out there who don't know who William Ayers is or why it's an important issue. People who only get a nightly half hour newscast from the traditional "news" sources may have heard little, if anything, about this matter.
Like the nationwide ACORN voter fraud fiasco Ayers is key to understanding Obama and what he really believes. Obama talks in campaign generalities about hope and change and there is little in his undistinguished Senate record that illuminates his character and beliefs. But scratch the surface, as we do here, and you find the truth behind the slogans.
William Ayers Helps Reveal the REAL Obama
Ayers and his wife Bernardine Dohrn (who also knows Michelle Obama) were founding members of the Weatherman terrorist group. A self described communist organization whose goal was to overthrow the U.S. government. While much of their early activity centered around riots in Chicago they later branched out and bombed targets across the country (list here) which included the Pentagon and U.S. Capitol.
Obama's defenders point out that he was 8 years old at the time. So how is this relevant?
Ayers never repented from his goal to overthrow the U.S. government. He escaped conviction on felony charges for his activities on a technicality and later became a professor specializing in social justice and education reform. That's where we pick up the Obama story again.
We don't know when Barack Hussein Obama and William Ayers first met. They were both living in the same neighborhood in New York City when Obama was at Columbia. But since Obama's record at Columbia has been sealed and he never talks about it the best we know is this:
William Ayers helped launch Obama's political career by hosting a meeting for him in the living room of his Chicago home in 1995. Obama and Ayers are neighbors in Hyde Park, and just down the street is the radical Rev. Louis Farrakhan who recently declared that Obama is the Messiah (video here).
Obama and Ayers also served together on a number of community boards and Obama even wrote a commentary praising Ayers book on the juvenile justice system. As board members of the Woods Foundation, Obama and Ayers provided grant money for ACORN, the group at the center of the nationwide investigation into voter fraud.
Obama and Ayers also served together on the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a foundation providing money supposedly to help schools but which instead was used to brainwash children to become footsoldiers in the socialist revolution. A "Peace School" to promote socialist revolution was funded, while a grant to teach Algebra was declined.
Ayers has been very open about his objectives in education. In November 2006 he traveled to Caracas Venezuela and stood next to Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez at the World Education Forum and delivered a speech with these very insightful nuggets of his philosophy:
Now, lots of lefty loons have come back from either Venezuela or Castro's Cuba praising the Marxist way of life. But how many of them have direct long standing ties to a man who might be President? And since Obama supported Ayers work with millions in grant money doesn't this reveal what Obama really believes?
World Education Forum
Centro Interncional Miranda
Bill Ayers persona web site
November , 2006
- President Hugo Chavez, Vice-President Vicente Rangel, Ministers Moncada and Isturiz, invited guests,comrades. I’m honored and humbled to be here with you this morning. I bring greetings and support from your brothers and sisters throughout Northamerica.
- This is my fourth visit to Venezuela, each time at the invitation of my comrade and friend Luis Bonilla, a brilliant educator and inspiring fighter for justice. Luis has taught me a great deal about the Bolivarian Revolution and about the profound educational reforms underway here in Venezuela under the leadership of President Chavez. We share the belief that education is the motor-force of revolution, and I’ve come to appreciate Luis as a major asset in both the Venezuelan and the international struggle---I look forward to seeing how he and all of you continue to overcome the failings of capitalist education as you seek to create something truly new and deeply humane.
- Teaching invites transformations, it urges revolutions small and large. La educacion es revolucion!
- Capitalism promotes racism and militarism – turning people into consumers, not citizens.
- Let those of us who are gathered here today read this poem as “The Teacher’s Obligation.” We, too, must move in and out of windows, we, too, must build a project of radical imagination and fundamental change. Venezuela is poised to offer the world a new model of education– a humanizing and revolutionary model whose twin missions are enlightenment and liberation. This World Education Forum provides us a unique opportunity to develop and share the lessons and challenges of this profound educational project that is the Bolivarian Revolution.
CNN has this excellent investigative report on the Obama-Ayers connection:
William Ayers is an America hating radical whose goal in life is to destroy our capitalist system and usher in the false utopia of a socialist or Marxist state. All along the way Barack Hussein Obama has been helping him advance those goals.
If you want to destroy America, then vote for Obama!