Brandon

Monday, November 17, 2014

Obama Prepares to Shed Past Principles on U.S. Constitution in Lawless, Political Immigration Move

Constitution of the United States of America:The Congress shall have power to establish a uniform rule of naturalization. Article I, Section 8.

What? ANOTHER video showing Obama saying one thing and then doing something else? It's almost as bad as Obama's Lie of the Year: "if you like your plan you can keep it. Period!"

“I take the Constitution very seriously,” he told a Pennsylvania town hall in 2008. “The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the Executive Branch and not go through Congress at all, and that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.” 
“I swore an oath to uphold the laws on the books. . . . Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the [immigration] laws on my own. . . . That’s not how our Constitution is written” (July 25, 2011).
“This notion that somehow I can just change the laws unilaterally is just not true. . . . There are laws on the books that I have to enforce” (Sept. 28, 2011).
“If, in fact, I could solve all these problems without passing laws in Congress, then I would do so. But we’re also a nation of laws” (Nov. 25, 2013).
And what do you bet that when Republicans try to reign in Obama's constitutional overreach he'll somehow try to convince the news media that THEY are the problem!

No comments:

fsg053d4.txt Free xml sitemap generator